Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Library Deleted via System Information Tab

in my hasty attempt to free up space on my Mac so I can back up my iPhone since "Other" has managed to amass over 30GB of storage (>:/) I accidentally deleted my iMovie library through the system informations tab. Does this delete any videos I previously had on my computer in general or only ones that were utilized in iMovie? I only used the application maybe 10 times (at MOST) but it was taking up 10 GB of storage. I'm worried it may have deleted any other videos stored outside the application and haven't been able to find a clear answer. Any insight or potential steps for resolution would be greatly appreciated! For reference, my MacBook Air runs on Sierra 10.12.6. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 6:01 PM

Deleting an iMovie library delets only the projects, events, and media contained in the library. Videos stored in the Finder or on external drives separate from the library would not be deleted.

Open iMovie while holding down the Option key to reveal what libraries exist. Possibly your library was not deleted.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 6:01 PM in response to plshelpimovie

Deleting an iMovie library delets only the projects, events, and media contained in the library. Videos stored in the Finder or on external drives separate from the library would not be deleted.

Open iMovie while holding down the Option key to reveal what libraries exist. Possibly your library was not deleted.

— Rich

iMovie Library Deleted via System Information Tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.