Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up Wallet for passes/tickets without entering any credit card info? It starts out asking for credit card info and the screen will do nothing else.

It starts out asking for credit card info and the screen will do nothing else.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 2:28 PM

Right. You don't add passes through wallet. You add those through an app, by scanning a code, etc. So, the big question is whether you can add a pass without adding a card. Walgreens, Wegmans, Starbucks, Panera, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, all offer passes through their app. If you have one of those, I'd try to add it to your wallet and see what happens.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 2:28 PM in response to syapp

Right. You don't add passes through wallet. You add those through an app, by scanning a code, etc. So, the big question is whether you can add a pass without adding a card. Walgreens, Wegmans, Starbucks, Panera, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, all offer passes through their app. If you have one of those, I'd try to add it to your wallet and see what happens.

Sep 8, 2021 2:18 PM in response to muguy

No, see, that's the problem. The moment I touch the Wallet icon it goes straight to the add credit card option with no way to do anything else. Like this pic but without the little dots which would presumably allow me to go back out of the CC option. I talked to support for hours, getting bumped up at least two levels of expertise. No help. Just hoping maybe someone here has seen this problem.

Sep 8, 2021 2:38 PM in response to muguy

Yes. I follow instructions for storing the tickets by clicking on the Wallet button on the site where I have the tickets. That button expands a little and offers some options, none of which will add the ticket to my wallet. I've tried it on a couple different sites.

The thing is that a year or two ago I used this exact process successfully a couple times. Now it won't work.

How do I set up Wallet for passes/tickets without entering any credit card info? It starts out asking for credit card info and the screen will do nothing else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.