Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp ImageInstall Issue with Multiple Physical Drives

I have upgraded my iMac 27inch 2019 Fusion drive to 1 SSD and 1 HDD inside.

Before I upgrade my device, bootcamp worked with no problem, but now I cannot install win10 in my iMac. The error message was

Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattend answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting references a valid partition and restart the installation

I know if iMac contain multiple physical drives inside, bootcamp have some problems by google searching. But I cannot reopen my device to remove my HDD now. Is there any way I can install win10 on my device?

I think what cause the problem is that I have installed macOS on my SSD and after I used bootcamp, I found C disk was set to my HDD. Maybe bootcamp has set C disk to install win10 but main system was in SSD (which is D disk). So I have tried unmount HDD while bootcamp installation and win10 installation but it did not work. I also have tried to install win10 without bootcamp with win10 install USB, which also did not work.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Bootcamp ImageInstall Issue with Multiple Physical Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.