Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera turns off on teams app when i switch to another app

Well I was having my final exam and the internet just disconnected and I tried to use my phone to reconnect on Microsoft team but my camera was turning off when I switch to another app. I am using an iPhone 11. Microsoft support says 'That feature would depend on the iPhone settings if they have an option to put an app on the background like the Android with its "draw over other apps" option. I highly recommend that you try reaching out to Apple Support and check if they have that kind of option within the iPhone settings.' So is there a way to keep my camera on while using teams app and switch to other applications??

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 6:42 AM

Hello Korhan98,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the camera is being disabled when you use the Microsoft Teams app and switch between other apps.

It might not be possible to do this, but if it is, these should help out:

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Under section, 'Use Background App Refresh'.

Multitask with Picture in Picture on iPhone

Hoping that does the trick, take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 6:42 AM in response to Korhan98

Hello Korhan98,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the camera is being disabled when you use the Microsoft Teams app and switch between other apps.

It might not be possible to do this, but if it is, these should help out:

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Under section, 'Use Background App Refresh'.

Multitask with Picture in Picture on iPhone

Hoping that does the trick, take care!

Sep 11, 2021 5:15 AM in response to Korhan98

Hello Korhan98,

The app may not support the Picture in Picture for iOS. If that's the case, you could try to use the Microsoft Teams website in the Safari app to see if it's supported there. Once in a session you can make it full screen, then go to your Home Screen to test it out.

Welcome to Microsoft Teams

This works for websites like YouTube, while their iOS app doesn't support the feature. Here's to hoping that works instead.

If not, it might be best to leave Microsoft some feedback about your experience: Your feedback matters to Microsoft

Have a lovely weekend, cheers!

Camera turns off on teams app when i switch to another app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.