Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share a playlist with family share in aople music

Trying to share a playlist created in Apple Music with a member of my Family Sharing. I have a Family Subscription to Apple Music. The family member can search for songs and videos I purchased and can access them - so appears Family Sharing is working.

how do I share a playlist? My son created a playlist on my phone and wants to be able to access it on his phone as well as on my phone - and have both update as changes are made in the future.

Apparently there used to be an option to ‘share playlist’ available after selecting the (…) next to the playlist - but the ‘share playlist’ option appears to be missing. (See current image).

I have tried restarting both my device (iPhone X) and the other family member’s device (iphone11).

I verified the Apple Music login used on the family members device is same as the one participating in my Family Sharing account.

Thank you for your help!

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 8:38 PM

See the 'Share or hide your playlists' section (and others) in:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

PS: You don't have to have Family Sharing to do this.

1 reply

How to share a playlist with family share in aople music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.