Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share a playlist iOS 15?

How do you share an Apple Music playlist with family members in iOS 15? I thought it would be - navigate to the playlist, press the ellipsis, and select share playlist… but there is no such option for that.

I can do it from my Mac, but not my iPhone. I’ve tried re-booting the phone, but it hasn’t solved it. Family sharing is enabled and we have the premium Apple One account.

Thanks to anyone who can point out what I’m doing wrong 🙏🏻

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Greetings bradfrombracknell,

We understand you’d like some assistance sharing playlists via your Apple Music subscription. 

The following article goes over getting your Apple Music profile set up, following friends and sharing music with your followers. See what your friends are listening to

Thanks. 

6 replies

Nov 1, 2021 11:42 AM in response to AnnieL2

Hi AnnieL2, thanks for coming back to me and for the link to the article. However, it’s not working unfortunately.

in the article it states, ‘To share playlists with people who don’t follow you, touch and hold a playlist, then tap Share Playlist.’

However, re option to share a playlist doesn’t show for most playlists?

On the Mac it all works and I can share playlists with my kids. But not in iOS.

Please help!

Nov 1, 2021 2:20 PM in response to bradfrombracknell

bradfrombracknell,

It sounds like playlists you can share from macOS, you’re not able to share from an iOS device. When you tap and hold on a playlist, or even tap the three dots, do you see an option to ‘Show on My Profile’? If so, is that on or off? If off, enable it and try to share once more. Again, please make sure your Apple Music profile is set up first, since we’re working on an iOS device. 

If you create a new playlist on your iPhone, do you have the same issue? 

Thank you. 

Share a playlist iOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.