Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi Fi button is greyed out on iPhone

Wi Fi button greyed out

tried airplane mode

& restarted phone many times

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 2:02 PM

You've tried everything you could. You iPhone may need to be repaired because the Wi-Fi antenna or chip have failed.

Edit: I forgot one last thing you could try: resetting your network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. I doubt that it will fix the issue but I had to let you know nonetheless.

Edit #2: And please post back to this forum the solution when you find one. We are all very curious as you might imagine since no one has found a clear fix besides repairing the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 2:02 PM in response to GrannySpoilUp

You've tried everything you could. You iPhone may need to be repaired because the Wi-Fi antenna or chip have failed.

Edit: I forgot one last thing you could try: resetting your network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. I doubt that it will fix the issue but I had to let you know nonetheless.

Edit #2: And please post back to this forum the solution when you find one. We are all very curious as you might imagine since no one has found a clear fix besides repairing the iPhone.

Oct 4, 2021 3:16 PM in response to GrannySpoilUp

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and the same happened to me after updating to iOS 15.

wifi and Bluetooth is greyed out. I tried to reset my network settings and it helped for a while, but after a few days it’s greyed out again.

no other solutions are helping and I’m not really eager to wipe everything out just to find out it’s still not working, but nobody can give a solution that work 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wi Fi button is greyed out on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.