Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scan from Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan after Mac OS Big Sur update

I just updated my Mac OS to Big Sur 11.5.2. Now my scanner won't work on my Canon printer.

My Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan, but the printer still works. I am connected by USB cable. I get an error message "You do not have permission to open the application “Canon IJScanner13f”.

I have tried Image Capture (as in the past, no problem). So I tried Canon IJ Scan Utility. I downloaded all the current drivers from Canon. But I still get the error message that I don't have Permissions. I tried changing permissions on the Get Info box so it says Read and Write.

I deleted and then added the printer in System Preferences.

Help, please!

iMac 27″, 10.11

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 16, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

yes, he simply repeated what I already said. The error message says that I don’t have permission. I tried to unlock it but it doesn’t work.

I tried to contact canon could not get through. I tried Apple 2 times. Did not work. I might try again.

My canon had worked as a scanner since the day I bought it using image capture that is UNTIL I updated my OS a few weeks ago

Scan from Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan after Mac OS Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.