You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to locate download button for previously purchased music in the iTunes Store

Hello,

I have access to the iTunes store through the macOS app named Music,

when logged into Music the app I can see that I have previously purchased music that when I attempt to play I see the error:

The song “Phase Response” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?

If I go to the iTunes Store, the button to purchase is greyed out and is labelled 'Purchased'

When i try to download the music in question, I go to Account > Purchased and the music that I want to download appears when selecting the tab named ALL

At this stage there should be an option to download the music to my Library but there is no icon. I can however see the icon on just two of my previously purchased items when selecting the Not in My Library tab. These tow items downloaded successfuly.

Expected Behaviour: To see a download button in the top right hand corner of the album art for items that are previously purchased but not stored on my hard drive.

I am logged into iTunes with my Apple ID,

my computer is Authorised to download music from iTunes,

the music has been previously purchased,

the music cannot be downloaded

Please help!

Thanks in advance

James

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:09 PM

It may be that your have the purchase hidden. See the 'How to unhide music, movies, and TV shows' section in:

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to locate download button for previously purchased music in the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.