Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook display issues

I bought this new MacBook unibody 2010. I wanted to use it because I love this model computer specifically. But when I turned it on. I thought the display wasn’t turning on. But then I realized how dim it was. I need to use a ceiling fan light just to see it and use it. And I’m not even sure why. I read something on I fix it that said someone also bought a MacBook unibody. And had the same issue. So how do I fix this.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 10:48 AM

Can you visit a friend or relative and check with one of their monitors? I'm just trying to rule out any issues with your notebook itself. Based on what you posted, it could be a defective display, display cable, or logic board. Connecting it to an external monitor would, at least, rule out the logic board.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Mad_x

Can you visit a friend or relative and check with one of their monitors? I'm just trying to rule out any issues with your notebook itself. Based on what you posted, it could be a defective display, display cable, or logic board. Connecting it to an external monitor would, at least, rule out the logic board.

Macbook display issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.