Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification loop.

I’ve been caught in a loop while trying to download application through my main account.

No outstanding payments or anything like that.

i have used a card on this account before And removed.

after factory restoring my phone. I could not download anything (new/previously downloaded). Kept sending me to verify billing. Then to sign in (that’s the loop) nothing helped here. So I figured I’d attach a card. It works. Why is it, although I have nothing outstanding I am blocked from downloads when no card is attached to the the account. I do not want to use any card on this account at this time. This heavy handed nature must change. After owning all apple products for the last ten years I am hurt to say that apple is now. I cringy mess. Thanks but no thanks.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 9:29 AM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Apple ID without a credit card  -

Apple ID - If you can‘t choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information.   *

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 11, 2021 8:25 AM in response to VoxPendragon

P.S I was unable to reply to a running thread about this topic to clarify my findings. This is my attempt at putting out a fix that worked for me. Scratch that. Putting out how I had to submit to apple by reapplying a visa card. All while not ever having the proper information; outside of (switch to android/create a new account).

[Edited by Moderator]

Verification loop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.