Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Verification Required" prompt when trying to install apps.

When i tried to install an app earlier today, i got "verification required", so i typed my password as it told me to, and then it brought me to a payment screen. I was very confused because this was a free app, so i tried to remove the info (because it was declined) and it said i still have active subscriptions. I had 3, so i cancelled all of them.

after i did that, i was able to remove the card info, so i went back to the app and tried installing it, but it did the same thing. this time there was only a billing address and an option to add info. i just clicked done, because i didnt want to add another card, and it asked me type my password again but this time it was in a smaller type of prompt. Once i did that, the whole thing started all over again, and i still cant install apps. I'm very confused, please help. There is no "None" option and no "outstanding balance"

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:42 AM

If you don't have a NONE option, then you must have a valid payment method active in your account details, even for free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 12:42 AM in response to jp_2649

If you don't have a NONE option, then you must have a valid payment method active in your account details, even for free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

"Verification Required" prompt when trying to install apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.