Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My lightning to 3.5mm adapter is not working

I purchased an Apple adapter ligthning to 3.5mm jack from Apple in March 2021 and I am surprised it is not working anymore after just 6 months this September 2021.

I haven't used it very much and it still looks as new but it is obviously defect as sounds does not come properly through anymore (see photo below) and I have tried with different working headphones.

Obviously this Apple adapter and its cable is very thin but I am very surprised to find out it appears worn out so soon and after so little use. One may obviously expect such Apple accessories to last a minimum through time and use.

I am wondering if I can get replacement from Apple and then how? The Apple support pages do not seem to cover accessories unfortunately. Any advice appreciated.

Best regards,

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 1:25 PM

Thank you for your reaction.

I have done testing already. I tried with alternative headsets and with another ios device. The issue comes from the adapter.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 13, 2021 9:14 AM in response to jerome2103

my path of troubleshooting would be

test it with another ios device

test it with another 3.5mm headset

test it with another ios device with another 3.5mm headset

this should make it clear if it's the adaptor or your headset or your phone which is the culprit

if you throw in test it with another ios device with an older ios version then you got the software issue covered too

My lightning to 3.5mm adapter is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.