You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This item is not eligible for the Cloud Music Library

More or less the exact same issue as the only Google result:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251503974

I am preparing to move overseas. I have a thousand CDs that I have uploaded to my computer to help facilitate the move.

Most things translated just fine. But some have the infamous cloud with the slash through it and the line.

They are all 128kbps, I am paying for the Apple Music, nothing seems to be wrong with them at all.

But when I attempt to play them, I get: "This item is not eligible for the Cloud Music Library."

Surely there's some kind of a fix from this. Any help?

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 2:54 PM

First, I have a solution based partially upon the reply. So thank you for that. But for anybody that is having the same problem, my issue wasn't exactly covered by the information.

I had seen these before and attempted to copy the CDs over again to the same results.

The computer I had been using was the only one I had that still had a CD drive, a 2010 iMac pro. It was as updated as far as it could go, but it meant that I was using an older version of iTunes. I had seen while attempting to make the initial list, the error as described above. My initial hope was that after I took the music files from the 2010 iMac and plugged them into a modern MacBook Pro, the fully updated iMusic would fix some of the errors that replacing the files had not fixed.

This did not turn out to be the case.

The solution was to borrow an external CD drive for my modern MacBook pro and replace the bunk files on the newer computer.

However, this initially did not seem to be effective as the cloud with the slash remained next to the files until they were played. After this, everything went back to normal.

Since it's unlikely that anybody else will have this very specific set of problems, this can probably just collect cyber-dust.

However, it would have saved me a headache to have seen this so this was the solution.

In short:

Get an external CD drive for a modern and updated version of iMusic and don't rely on older equipment when possible.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2021 2:54 PM in response to Limnos

First, I have a solution based partially upon the reply. So thank you for that. But for anybody that is having the same problem, my issue wasn't exactly covered by the information.

I had seen these before and attempted to copy the CDs over again to the same results.

The computer I had been using was the only one I had that still had a CD drive, a 2010 iMac pro. It was as updated as far as it could go, but it meant that I was using an older version of iTunes. I had seen while attempting to make the initial list, the error as described above. My initial hope was that after I took the music files from the 2010 iMac and plugged them into a modern MacBook Pro, the fully updated iMusic would fix some of the errors that replacing the files had not fixed.

This did not turn out to be the case.

The solution was to borrow an external CD drive for my modern MacBook pro and replace the bunk files on the newer computer.

However, this initially did not seem to be effective as the cloud with the slash remained next to the files until they were played. After this, everything went back to normal.

Since it's unlikely that anybody else will have this very specific set of problems, this can probably just collect cyber-dust.

However, it would have saved me a headache to have seen this so this was the solution.

In short:

Get an external CD drive for a modern and updated version of iMusic and don't rely on older equipment when possible.

This item is not eligible for the Cloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.