Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch organizer?

I setup family sharing many years ago and I have now left the Apple echo-system. I'd like to delegate the ownership of the family sharing group to my spouse. How do I do that without a iDevice or Mac?

My spouse is part of the family, but 'just' as a parent. This prevents our kids from making any purchases as it's setup to use my (now gone) ApplePay.

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:46 PM

Can you borrow a device/computer to log into so you can change the family organizer?

If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support   *

Family Sharing - Leave.  *

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2021 5:46 PM in response to boczar

Can you borrow a device/computer to log into so you can change the family organizer?

If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support   *

Family Sharing - Leave.  *

Sep 14, 2021 2:51 PM in response to boczar

Hello boczar,

It appears from your post that your wanting to change the designation of family organizer in the Family Sharing group you have. The article you came from, If you don't see your family's shared content, has good information on how to troubleshoot if a member is not seeing other family members content.

To change the family organizer, you will actually need to disband the Family Sharing group. Once that is done, a new group can be created with the remaining members. Here is information that should help: Stop using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Have a good day.

How do I switch organizer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.