Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID looks broken. How can I fix it?

I have several broken symptoms. I have one iPhone 12 Mini and MacBookPro 2019 and some other MBPs...

On all devices I use my Apple ID. However, recently I got a new MBP 2019 and there I cannot setup iMessages and Universal Clipboard.

When trying to login to iMessages, i get forever spinner in 'Sign in to iMessage with your Apple ID'

Regarding the Universal Clipboard - I tried lots of options: signout/signin iCloud on iPhone and MBP, Reset Network Settings, Delete the bluetooth plist file from Library/Preferences/MyHost, Enable Bluetooth Sharing in Sharing Preferences, Restarted devices several times, Reset the clipboard from Terminal... basicly every advice I found online, but nothing helped.

However, if I login to another Apple ID on my iPhone and MBP, then Messages and Universal sharing starts working just fine.

Is there a way I can somehow reset my Apple ID state or something? I would like to keep my current Apple ID instead of creating new one because of this issue.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 2:14 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 15, 2021 1:25 AM in response to cakra_komci

I was able to fix the Universal Clipboard issue somehow. Not sure what I did to get it fixed.

After disabling FaceTime and iMessage in iPhone Settings, and then reenabling it, Universal Clipboard started working.

I am also now able to login to macOS Messages, but I only get a Blank view with Spinner constantly spinning in iMessage preferences view next to Sign Out button.

I don't know how to make it sync with iPhone Messages as it was before. I also tried on my other MBP, and there it's the same behavior for this Apple ID.

Sep 14, 2021 4:27 AM in response to cakra_komci

I also tried changing the Apple ID password and creating new User account on my MBP where I would Sign Out from current User account and setup Apple ID on the new account.

Just to make sure some settings in ie ~/Library/Preferences or similar didn't mess something up, but behavios is the same: Universal Clipboard doesn't work and I get an internal spinner on 'Sign in to iMessage with your Apple ID' dialog.

My Apple ID looks broken. How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.