📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.8 network bug

I am having trouble connecting to the internet through my cellular network data after downloading the iOS 14.8. the cellphone network shows 'no service' and it is completely blank. Could not even place a call via cellular network

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 4:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 5:00 PM

adarsh_sudharsan Said:

"iOS 14.8 network bug: I am having trouble connecting to the internet through my cellular network data after downloading the iOS 14.8. the cellphone network shows 'no service' and it is completely blank. Could not even place a call via cellular network"'

-------

Visit this Site: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Give Apple Feedback - Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know what exactly is occurring.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
39 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2021 5:00 PM in response to adarsh_sudharsan

adarsh_sudharsan Said:

"iOS 14.8 network bug: I am having trouble connecting to the internet through my cellular network data after downloading the iOS 14.8. the cellphone network shows 'no service' and it is completely blank. Could not even place a call via cellular network"'

-------

Visit this Site: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Give Apple Feedback - Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know what exactly is occurring.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 17, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Jamie_Bee

Go to Settings/General/About and look at Modem Firmware. Is the entry blank? If it is you need to reinstall it by restoring the phone to factory settings, then restoring a backup. Back up the phone first, of course:

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - follow the instructions to restore using your computer, do not using Settings/General/Reset (which is not included in those instructions)
  3. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the modem firmware DOES have a value you may have a hardware problem. The first step is what I just posted, but after that you need to contact Apple support using the Get Support link at the top of this page.

Sep 15, 2021 7:04 PM in response to chirag.aryadeep

adarsh_sudharsan Said:

"iOS 14.8 network bug: [...]Why? I know many have issues with iPhone X also. So what is making differences here. Why Apple can’t fix it. Why Apple not reply when they will fix? Why what happened to you Apple. When I use iPhone 7 Plus I felt like I am using phone from 15 years ago.[...]"

--------

About your Device:

Every device is prone to failure. So, that is why Apple offers AppleCare. After it expires, you can renew is on a certain timeframe for uptown 36 months (three years). You'd have 30 days after it expires to renew the coverage.

About Reporting Feedback:

As for what something was/is never fixed, that can be due to nobody reporting such issues. So, always know to report issues as they come about. See my above reply for the instructions on how to report this. Being so old of a device, I wonder how many people have officially reported this?

Sep 17, 2021 1:05 PM in response to Jolker

Jolker Said:

"It have been a month with no service and I am still paying my carrier. This is a very frustrating situation. User did nothing wrong but ended up having pay to get the issues fix. It’s not even 2 years yet with my iPhone 11 Pro!!"

-------

Get Coverage:

I'd say get yourself a new iPhone, and consider getting an AppleCare+ Protection with it. Based on my own experiences: I always get the coverage, and it has alway been of high-benefit, especially for a damaged device. Go Here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

What's Covered?:

Learn what services and support are covered by an AppleCare plan

Sep 15, 2021 11:16 AM in response to adarsh_sudharsan

My iPhone 7 Plus still have same issue. Network is there but there is no 4G after upgrading to 14.8 also it’s not fixed. Please Apple do something. I am waiting to see some improvement from your side. If you can’t fix it please give our money back. Last year I buy iPhone 7 Plus and this year it’s have network issue. I really feeling disappointed and dissatisfied. I really regretting after buying 🍎. I am feeling it’s not worth if you can’t fix it within a time.

Sep 15, 2021 4:48 PM in response to bschweig717

I am using my phone 7plus with portable wifi router after upgrading to 14.7. I thought after 14.8 upgrade it can be fixed. When the SIM card is inside the phone, phone can search for the network after searching long time, but there is no volte with 4G coverage. Means no internet but have network. I guess the case is too serious which Apple don’t want to fix and want us to upgrade our iPhone. But Apple I will not buy new Apple phones again if you will not fix the issue.

Sep 15, 2021 6:49 PM in response to TheLittles

I guess I tried almost everything from last 2 months. But I am not sure what I should do more to fix my iPhone 7 Plus. I have iPhone X also with network SIM card same upgrades. IPhone X is working fine for me but iPhone 7plus there is no internet connection. Why? I know many have issues with iPhone X also. So what is making differences here. Why Apple can’t fix it. Why Apple not reply when they will fix? Why what happened to you Apple. When I use iPhone 7 Plus I felt like I am using phone from 15 years ago. Because phone have normal network but for internet it’s only showing GPRS. One web page takes 2-3 mins to open depending on page size.

Sep 15, 2021 7:11 PM in response to TheLittles

Yeah sure I will do it. And as I remember many have reported this and Apple also know about it. And many media also talking about this. It’s not just we 10-20 peoples here who have issues.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/iphone-ios-14-7-1-no-service-network-issue-problem-bug-users-complain-apple-forums-2513403

https://www.techradar.com/news/iphone-showing-no-service-bug-ios-1471-is-the-issue-and-apple-has-suggested-a-fix

If you correctly search on Google you will find many responses and reports. I did everything but can’t fix.

However, I hope 🤞 soon apple will fix this issue.

Sep 15, 2021 7:25 PM in response to chirag.aryadeep

adarsh_sudharsan Said:

"iOS 14.8 network bug: If you correctly search on Google you will find many responses and reports. I did everything but can’t fix."

-------

Reporting Issues:

Due to their own skepticisms, Apple doesn't refer third-party sites, nor do they refer these forums on their own will and time. So, that is why to report it directly to Apple.

Sep 15, 2021 7:43 PM in response to Jolker

I want to share more about my frustrations with this issue. I have iPhone 11 Pro and the issue occurred immediately after I updated my phone to iOS 14.7. 1.

Here are my trouble shooting journey:

1) With carrier: changed sims card twice, reset network settings, verified there are no blocks on my account. Visited 2 stores and 2 phone calls with support.

2) Apple support: Reset all settings, Reset network setting, Erase all content and setting (4 times: reset with backup, reset with laptop iTunes with backup, reset with laptop iTunes with no backup, reset with no backup). After numerous long calls with apple support, I was told to go back to my carrier to verify or wait for iOS 14.8.

After I updated to iOS 14.8, still no service and went to apple store hoping to get some help:

3) Apple Genius Bar: ran diagnostics report and found no hardware issue. I was told that my phone ran out of warranty and needs to pay to get it replace or get a new phone.

It have been a month with no service and I am still paying my carrier. This is a very frustrating situation. User did nothing wrong but ended up having pay to get the issues fix. It’s not even 2 years yet with my iPhone 11 Pro!!

iOS 14.8 network bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.