Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021. Not showing up as a security update but have read it was released yesterday.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Tuffy T wrote:

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021. Not showing up as a security update but have read it was released yesterday.

>System Preferences>Software Update

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Sep 14, 2021 1:47 PM in response to leroydouglas

Also hasn't shown up in System Preferences for me, but I also found the link provided by zeddoo which provided a DMG file that downloaded to my system. I have not found a link to the Safari security update mentioned on the Security Update info screen, I'm hoping it's included in the DMG file I downloaded, I have not installed it yet.

Sep 16, 2021 4:18 PM in response to mikegit

I downloaded the security dmg file and installed it. Then I checked the update section (after a restart) and the Safari update showed. I did that update and then the Catalina security update showed. Apparently the downloaded file did not install properly. I had to do the update from the system update section. That install took much longer but it took this time. I probably should have just restarted my MacBook Air and the updates would have showed up.

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.