Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPhone X to 14.8. i now have to enter my password to use my phone. How do i get this requirement off my phone

I updated my iPhone X to 14.8. i now have to enter my password to use my phone.How do i turn off password requirement to turn on phone apps?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 8:29 AM

Hi vettefinderjim,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with using your password when updating or downloading apps. We're happy to help.

You can check the settings with the help of the article here: Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

You can also check your Face ID settings to make sure this feature is on to authenticate purchases. Check out the section "Use Face ID to make purchases" from the article here: Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If for any reason you can't recall your Apple ID password, check out the steps here to help reset it: If you forgot your Apple ID password

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 8:29 AM in response to vettefinderjim

Hi vettefinderjim,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with using your password when updating or downloading apps. We're happy to help.

You can check the settings with the help of the article here: Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

You can also check your Face ID settings to make sure this feature is on to authenticate purchases. Check out the section "Use Face ID to make purchases" from the article here: Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If for any reason you can't recall your Apple ID password, check out the steps here to help reset it: If you forgot your Apple ID password

Best!

I updated my iPhone X to 14.8. i now have to enter my password to use my phone. How do i get this requirement off my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.