Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.1 update - then update all doesn’t work

I updated to iOS 14.1 and now update all will not work. I have to update each app individually and put my Apple password in for each individual update for it to work. Update all keeps asking for my password and I put it in, but it just keeps popping back up asking for password. Yes. It’s correct and my phone is signed in to my account. I don’t want to update 8, 10 or more apps individually,

let alone having to put in my password every time.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 7:21 PM

11 replies

Oct 30, 2020 7:04 AM in response to deggie

Hi,

Eh.. entering Apple ID pw for 1 update at a time goes fine but the same pw is not accepted for bulk update. Sigh.

I've never experienced such issue after a IOS upgrade before, but this 14.1 update has unfortunately introduced this extremely annoying issue.

Can Apple please check and fix it asap? I have already tried signing out and in but with no luck.

Also, I no longer see the info/option of 15 minute 'grace' time for bulk updates w/o having to enter Apple ID pw with settings 'App Store - Mobile Data - App Downloads - Always Ask' pre-IOS 14.1 update. I have now changed to 'Always Allow' and activated Apps and App Updates but it is of no help.

The only solution at the moment for me is to update 1 app at a time, quite a painstaking task... sigh.

Nov 9, 2020 1:02 PM in response to BadApp54

Same issue here. My Apple ID in the app store is the only one I have. Updating one at a time works fine. Update All fails. If I enter the wrong password during Update All, I get a "Verification Failed" error and can "Cancel" or "Try Again". If I enter the correct password, there is no error message, it just hangs for about 5 seconds and goes back to "Sign in with Apple ID".

Clearly my Apple ID and password are fine. This is an error in the App Store.

iOS 14.1 update - then update all doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.