Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

II kept my imac on Catalina instead of updating to Big Sur, I think I installed the security patch. How can I be sure it was installed. my OS Catalina is 10.15.7

I kept my imac on Catalina instead of updating to Big Sur,

What is the OS Catalina version if the security patch for Sept 13, 2021?

mine is 10.15.7

Is it now secure, or do I need to install the Big Sur to get the security patch

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:35 AM

Go to Apple > About This Mac > System Report > select Installations down in the Software section.

There you should see the macOS Catalina Security Update 2012-005.

If not, then you can get the Update by going to Apple > System Preferences > Software Update > and waiting until More Updates appears underneath of the macOS Big Sur Upgrade.

My Software Update panel no longer shows the macOS Security 2012-005 and Safari updates, because I did them yesterday.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 10:35 AM in response to mom37

Go to Apple > About This Mac > System Report > select Installations down in the Software section.

There you should see the macOS Catalina Security Update 2012-005.

If not, then you can get the Update by going to Apple > System Preferences > Software Update > and waiting until More Updates appears underneath of the macOS Big Sur Upgrade.

My Software Update panel no longer shows the macOS Security 2012-005 and Safari updates, because I did them yesterday.

II kept my imac on Catalina instead of updating to Big Sur, I think I installed the security patch. How can I be sure it was installed. my OS Catalina is 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.