Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.8 and Battery Issues

Since updating my iPhone 6s to IOS 14.8, my battery discharges very quickly and charges very slowly. I’ve checked my settings and don’t see a culprit

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 11:21 PM

Note that any time there is an iOS update, your phone can use more battery than usual as it needs to rebuild various internal databases.

If it continues 48 - 72 hours later, double check to see whether anything is shown to be using a lot of battery under the Battery Settings.

9 replies

Sep 24, 2021 12:02 PM in response to the took

I'm having the same problem. It shuts down because it thinks the battery is low, but when I plug it in, the battery isn't really low. That would seem to be a problem with whatever is tracking the battery level. I've gone as far as a complete erase and reset, and it's better but still not like it was before. It had started doing this with 14.7 so I got 14.8 hoping it would help. It didn't.

Oct 7, 2021 1:59 AM in response to the took

Developers forum shows this to be a problem too. My phone drains 2-3 times daily, even without apps running.

It doesn't charge quickly.

The phone is hot to the touch on drainage.

I thought Apple fixed batterygate. Is this a new batterygate for a new day?

Nov 10, 2021 4:20 AM in response to Alancito

After trying every suggestion that might fix this problem, I took my phone to Best Buy to get the battery replaced. First, I was told that Apple had recently told them they were no longer supposed to work on iPhone 6S. He did however agree to look at it. When he removed the plastic case, it became evident that the battery had now swollen so he couldn't replace it anyway. I ended up buying a refurbished iPhone 6S (since I really like it's size). It came with IOS 14.8 installed but battery life has been reasonably good for a not new battery. I'm still not sure what happened to my old phone. I suppose it could have been the battery itself but my phone was reporting that it was 93% of new and perfectly fine. So far I've resisted upgrading to IOS15 since it doesn't contain anything that I currently need.

IOS 14.8 and Battery Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.