Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app

I absolutely hate this app. My Apple TV automatically opens this app and it is USELESS. It doesn't connect to what I was just watching. It lists things I would NEVER watch and there doesn't seem to be a way to specify that the tv NOT OPEN TO THIS APP. Every time I turn on my tv, I must hit the computer/tv icon on the remote to get to the apps page to open the app I was just watching - Netflix, Hulu, BritBox, etc. THIS APP IS USELESS AND I HATE IT AND HAVE FOR FREAKING YEARS!!!!!! Apple seems to know no way to avoid this. Does anyone know if I can just get it to open to the apps page where I can then access what I was just watching?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:05 PM

I don’t know what you are talking about. The Apple TV app doesn’t open automatically. Apple TV wakes up in the same app as was active when it was put to sleep. If you put it to sleep on the home screen, then it wakes on the home screen.

Sleep or wake Apple TV - Apple Support

Customize the Apple TV Home screen - Apple Support. While you can’t delete this app, you can move it, or even bury it deep in a folder, if you wish.

Force an app to quit - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 6:05 PM in response to Ellie Rhodes

I don’t know what you are talking about. The Apple TV app doesn’t open automatically. Apple TV wakes up in the same app as was active when it was put to sleep. If you put it to sleep on the home screen, then it wakes on the home screen.

Sleep or wake Apple TV - Apple Support

Customize the Apple TV Home screen - Apple Support. While you can’t delete this app, you can move it, or even bury it deep in a folder, if you wish.

Force an app to quit - Apple Support

Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.