Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Air wake up my external display when mac is in sleep mode

my m1 Mac Air device(sleeping) wakes up my external display (dell 2720qm) from time to time. This makes my external display activated and then go black a few seconds later.

os version : 11.6 , But I have to say this issue exsists from 11.2

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 9:06 PM

rick-yao Said:

"M1 Air wake up my external display when mac is in sleep mode: my m1 Mac Air device(sleeping) wakes up my external display (dell 2720qm) from time to time. This makes my external display activated and then go black a few seconds later. os version : 11.6 , But I have to say this issue exsists from 11.2"

-------

Try Reinstalling the macOS:

Being an intermittent issues, start by reinstalling the MacOS. Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important:

Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the re-installation of your macOS, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 9:06 PM in response to rick-yao

rick-yao Said:

"M1 Air wake up my external display when mac is in sleep mode: my m1 Mac Air device(sleeping) wakes up my external display (dell 2720qm) from time to time. This makes my external display activated and then go black a few seconds later. os version : 11.6 , But I have to say this issue exsists from 11.2"

-------

Try Reinstalling the macOS:

Being an intermittent issues, start by reinstalling the MacOS. Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important:

Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the re-installation of your macOS, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

M1 Air wake up my external display when mac is in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.