Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computers app on Apple TV shows wrong numbers of photos and videos

I share my photos from my Mac to Apple TV: Media Sharing and Home Sharing are selected, and I share "all your photos and albums".

Photos app on Apple TV shows all photos and videos, but I noticed that some photos and videos are missing in Computers app on Apple TV.

When I compare the numbers in different devices - it shows: on iMac and iPhone I have 1590 Photos and 1280 videos, and Photo app on Apple TV has all photos (so, I assume system library and iCloud sync works fine).

But Computers app on Apple TV shows: 1673 photos and 1026 videos.

I restarted iMac, Photos, Apple TV, modem/router - nothing helped.

I dont have hidden photos or albums. I dont have anything in Recently deleted. Where is this discrepancy coming? Any ideas what is wrong?

AppleTV model A1842 with tvOS 14.7

iMac with Big Sur version 11.6

Photos Version 6.0 (361.0.100)

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 11:37 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 17, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Banco_Solidoli

Hi Banco_Solidoli,

We see you're able to share content from your Mac to your Apple TV, however there is some content missing from the Computers app while the Photos app reports all content properly.

To clarify, when setting up your options in Sharing, did you follow through the steps here, including ensuring the correct folder you want to share is checked?

Take care.

Computers app on Apple TV shows wrong numbers of photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.