Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur / Mac Mini M1 – Photos app crashing when creating slide show

OS 11.5.2

The Photos app is crashing when creating slide show:

– The library contains only 180 low res pics.

– I go to create slide show

– When I clicked "Vintage" transitions, the app crashed regularly

– after repeated attempts it also crushed in the beginning of the slide show creation, when picking pics

Termination Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x5

Terminating Process: exc handler [2383]

I use the Photos version that came with the Mac. When I imported the low res pics it seemed to take quite a while to import it, strange.

Anyone know anything, hello from Berlin cheers

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 9:27 AM

Open your library with the Option+Command keys held down to repair the library. Then try the slideshow.

Have you tried any other theme?

If it still crashes as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 9:27 AM in response to Onigorom

Open your library with the Option+Command keys held down to repair the library. Then try the slideshow.

Have you tried any other theme?

If it still crashes as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread.

Big Sur / Mac Mini M1 – Photos app crashing when creating slide show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.