Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

COntainer and/or Partitions...

RE: MacBook Pro Touch, 11.6… I have two Container/Partitions on the internal SSD. When I run Disk Utility First Aid, I get a Container disk1 showing a couple items listed as included in that Container. Do I need to run First Aid on each individual item within the Container disk1, or, just the Container disk1 and all items within that container are included in the First Aid selection?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 9:53 AM

radiowatch wrote:

RE: MacBook Pro Touch, 11.6… I have two Container/Partitions on the internal SSD. When I run Disk Utility First Aid, I get a Container disk1 showing a couple items listed as included in that Container. Do I need to run First Aid on each individual item within the Container disk1, or, just the Container disk1 and all items within that container are included in the First Aid selection?

To get a better sense from the Terminal.app copy & paste:

diskutil list internal

to your question—

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 9:53 AM in response to radiowatch

radiowatch wrote:

To get a better sense from the Terminal.app copy & paste:

diskutil list internal

to your question—

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

COntainer and/or Partitions...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.