Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I open a 2006 .cwk document?

How can I open a 2006 .cwk document created on my then-current mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:16 AM

A lot would depend on what kind of AppleWorks document.

The iWork '09 applications - Keynote, Pages & Numbers - can only open AppleWorks 6 presentation, word processing & spreadsheet documents, respectively. They will not open any other type of AppleWorks 6 files or any AppleWorks 5 or any version of ClarisWorks files. Post-2013 versions of the iWork apps cannot open AppleWorks or ClarisWorks files.

If you don't have iWork '09 or '08, try LibreOffice 7.1.6. Your success will depend on the type & complexity of the .cwk document.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 8:16 AM in response to 1201SLD

A lot would depend on what kind of AppleWorks document.

The iWork '09 applications - Keynote, Pages & Numbers - can only open AppleWorks 6 presentation, word processing & spreadsheet documents, respectively. They will not open any other type of AppleWorks 6 files or any AppleWorks 5 or any version of ClarisWorks files. Post-2013 versions of the iWork apps cannot open AppleWorks or ClarisWorks files.

If you don't have iWork '09 or '08, try LibreOffice 7.1.6. Your success will depend on the type & complexity of the .cwk document.

How can I open a 2006 .cwk document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.