Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to run two 1440p monitors from MacBook Pro 2020

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2020 that I am currently using to run two 27” 1440p 144hz monitors. Right now I am using a Dell Display Link D6000 to run them, but I feel like I am not running them the most efficient way possible, and recently I have notices some lag when using Excel on the monitors. I don’t really care for the Dell Software for the D6000 and I have too many cables, so I’d like to figure out the most efficient way to run my monitors for optimized performance. Ideally I’d like a dock that will have good support In MacOS and run both monitors using display port 1.2 or HDMI 2.0.

My MacBook Pro Specs:

2.3GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. The monitors will mostly be running live stock charts with some light office work/excel work in between.

thanks!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 8:56 AM

jmauld5 wrote:

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2020 that I am currently using to run two 27” 1440p 144hz monitors. Right now I am using a Dell Display Link D6000 to run them, but I feel like I am not running them the most efficient way possible, and recently I have notices some lag when using Excel on the monitors. I don’t really care for the Dell Software for the D6000 and I have too many cables, so I’d like to figure out the most efficient way to run my monitors for optimized performance. Ideally I’d like a dock that will have good support In MacOS and run both monitors using display port 1.2 or HDMI 2.0.

My MacBook Pro Specs:

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. The monitors will mostly be running live stock charts with some light office work/excel work in between.

thanks!!

Use multiple displays with your Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-multiple-displays-mchl7c7ebe08/mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 8:56 AM in response to jmauld5

jmauld5 wrote:

Hi,

My MacBook Pro Specs:

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

thanks!!

Use multiple displays with your Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-multiple-displays-mchl7c7ebe08/mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Best way to run two 1440p monitors from MacBook Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.