You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my Air Tag to beep when I attempt to reset it. It does no t beep. What is wro ng?

I cannot get my Air Tag to beep when attempting to reset it. What have I done incorrectly?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 2:52 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2021 11:58 AM in response to avachris611

Hello avachris611 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty resetting an AirTag.

How to reset your AirTag

Keep in mind that, as a first step, the AirTag has to be removed from association with the Apple ID it was previously associated with. Resetting is not possible until this is done. The reset procedure is only used when the AirTag was out of Bluetooth range when it was removed from the previous Apple ID association.

Cheers.

I cannot get my Air Tag to beep when I attempt to reset it. It does no t beep. What is wro ng?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.