Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes movie rental pending

I've rented a movie but I can't download it - the message on my purchase history. says "pending". What do I do next?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 12:48 PM

Hi, mardimum,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are having trouble playing a movie rented from the iTunes Store. We're happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend following the steps below, found in the Apple Support article Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support:

"If you can‘t stream or watch video content from the Apple TV app, restart your device. If your rental still won't play, learn about streaming issues or report a problem."

Best!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 12:48 PM in response to mardimum

Hi, mardimum,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are having trouble playing a movie rented from the iTunes Store. We're happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend following the steps below, found in the Apple Support article Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support:

"If you can‘t stream or watch video content from the Apple TV app, restart your device. If your rental still won't play, learn about streaming issues or report a problem."

Best!

Sep 17, 2021 3:07 PM in response to mardimum

I had a similar problem tonight. I selected a movie to rent. After 20 mins, it was still Loading/ Buffering. I eventually gave up waiting. I tried to rent it again but was reminded that I had already rented it and to just Play it, but there is no Play button on the movie page. I scheduled a call from Apple Support.

itunes movie rental pending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.