Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I ask Siri to send a message to my husband she sends it to premium rate number but when I ask to call my husband it works . How can that happen?

When i ask Siri to send a message to my husbands mobile it is routed to a premium rate number and he doesn’t receive it. When I ask to call his mobile it is correctly connected. Why does a message not route correctly?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 12:14 AM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2021 6:39 PM in response to molliemill

Hi molliemill,

We see when attempting to send a text to your husband via Siri it does not route properly, but if you ask Siri to call him, it does.

Siri would pull information from your husband's contact card in your iPhone when determining how to fulfill a request. In the Contacts app, does his contact have multiple numbers listed? If so, removing or updating them would likely resolve the issue.

Additionally, we'd recommend ensuring there are not duplicate contacts with his name.

Let us know the results and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Sep 18, 2021 11:55 PM in response to Eric--F

Thank you for responding. I deleted my husbands contact details and recreated. the contact then asked Siri to send a message and it worked correctly. I think it may have been the command I used for Siri. The successful attempt used the Command “message xxxxx” and I think the unsuccessful command used “send a message to xxxx”.

When I ask Siri to send a message to my husband she sends it to premium rate number but when I ask to call my husband it works . How can that happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.