Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Air - Screen cracked spontaneously

So here I am on this forum having just discovered I am not the only one astonished that a month old laptop that has sat on a desk for it entire duration of my care has randomly cracked.

I know for a fact this was no my wrong doing. I work remotely from a pc but own a macbook air for personal use. With a security update needing to be installed I carried out the install with no issues, the laptop was closed after the install was complete.

I worked on my pc for the remainder of the day with the laptop beside me on the desk closed, I dont have anyone else living with me or pets that may of caused any pressure.

Opened the screen and from the bottom right corner vertical and horizontal lines fill the bottom and right side of the screen. There are no obvious marks or anything on the screen itself to show a dent or damage from an external point. This is internal.

It broke from the bottom right near the "On button". My m1 macbook is in perfect condition, no dust or debris or food is every on my desk and yet I cant believe it has cracked.

This is without a doubt a defect apple need to address. something is amiss here, no screen should be that fragile. I had a macbook pro for 10 years before this that travelled the world when needed and never has an issue, it was robust and very reliable.

Apple please acknowledge this defect. Your new screens are not durable if this is happening to many

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 5:07 PM

Apple is not here. Click the "Get Support" link at the top right of this page

Similar questions

1 reply

M1 Macbook Air - Screen cracked spontaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.