Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac is using macOS Mojave and it's running slow

My Imac is using Mac OS Mojave. Now my computer works very slow. Do I have to upgrade to Big sur or better to stay with Mojave?

I am using CCleaning for maintenance. It seems is doing nothing to clean my Imac and make it faster. It seems it doesn't work? Is there a better tool for clean Up?

I also use Malwarebytes for test but he don't see any malware problem?

Is there a better tool to use to clean up your computer???

Thanks a lot for your help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 2:11 PM

jean-jacques146 Said:

"My Imac is using Mac OS Mojave. Now my computer works very slow. Do I have to upgrade to Big sur or better to stay with Mojave? I am using CCleaning for maintenance. It seems is doing nothing to clean my Imac and make it faster. It seems it doesn't work? Is there a better tool for clean Up?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Slow Mac:

Someone had a similar issue. To see what solved it, go here: MacBook Air is slow after Big Sur install - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 2:11 PM in response to jean-jacques146

jean-jacques146 Said:

"My Imac is using Mac OS Mojave. Now my computer works very slow. Do I have to upgrade to Big sur or better to stay with Mojave? I am using CCleaning for maintenance. It seems is doing nothing to clean my Imac and make it faster. It seems it doesn't work? Is there a better tool for clean Up?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Slow Mac:

Someone had a similar issue. To see what solved it, go here: MacBook Air is slow after Big Sur install - Apple Community

Sep 17, 2021 2:19 PM in response to jean-jacques146

Do not use any apps that claim to clean, optimise or speed up your mac,

often they do the exact opposite and will interfere with the macs own management of itself.

Get full uninstall instructions from the apps developer.

Malwarebytes is fine.

Upgrading your mac to a newer OS is never going to make your mac run faster.

How much free space does your mac have, never let it run with very little free space.

If your mac is running slow it could be an indication that the HD is failing,

download and run this app, https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx there is a free trial period.

There is also Etrecheck which will generate a report on your mac, it is an app

developed by a contributor to these communities and is used by many to

evaluate macs and diagnose any problems. Just use the free version.

https://etrecheck.com

Once the report has been created click on Share Report at the top of the report

and paste it into a reply here using the Additional Text button third from the right

on the Toolbar at the bottom of a Reply window.

No personal information is included in the report.

My iMac is using macOS Mojave and it's running slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.