Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this pop up on my iPad and why I can't get rid of it?

What is this pop up on my ipad and why cant i seem to get rid of it when i open safari?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 9:13 PM

I would like to inform you that the pop-up is a scam. This scam involves the user (you) contacting these scammers by using the provided contact information. When the user calls them then the scam begins. The scammers tell the user that their device has a virus/malware and there is a charge to remove it. The user pays the charge and gets scammed. The thing is that the warning/popup is fake and there is nothing wrong with the user's device.

If you cannot back out of it or close the tab then do the following:

Try and Force Close the Safari app. Here is ➔ How to Force Close an app on the iPad.

Once Safari has been Force Close then you can delete the cache, history and cookies as shown here ➔ How to Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPad,

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 9:13 PM in response to c28

I would like to inform you that the pop-up is a scam. This scam involves the user (you) contacting these scammers by using the provided contact information. When the user calls them then the scam begins. The scammers tell the user that their device has a virus/malware and there is a charge to remove it. The user pays the charge and gets scammed. The thing is that the warning/popup is fake and there is nothing wrong with the user's device.

If you cannot back out of it or close the tab then do the following:

Try and Force Close the Safari app. Here is ➔ How to Force Close an app on the iPad.

Once Safari has been Force Close then you can delete the cache, history and cookies as shown here ➔ How to Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPad,

Axel F.

What is this pop up on my iPad and why I can't get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.