Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is fine to leave always the M1 MacMini always on

just was wondering if there's no problem to leave the M1MacMini always on and just leave the monitor on stand-by? Right now I have it my MacMini set to go to sleep after 3 hours of not using it, but I notice a faster respond of the monitor if I use it again before the 3 hours are up. If it's fine to leave my MacMini always on, can I turn on the "prevent computer from sleep automatically when the display is off" in the energy saver at System Preferences?

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 3:55 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 19, 2021 12:48 PM in response to ft318zp

Leaving anything electronic on doesn't hurt it. Think about all the worlds backbone networks, your network gear ie- router, modem,etc....all these things stay on 24/7 , in the case of big internet providers, because they have to...and inside them all are the same things that are in your mini....IC's, transistors, capacitors, resistors, power supply section, etc..

is fine to leave always the M1 MacMini always on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.