Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No automated voicemail

I have a custom voicemail message on my iPhone 6s, and I want to be able to take off the automated part at the end that goes "at the tone please record your message. When you have finished recording, you can hang up, or press 1 for more options. (tone plays)". I want the voicemail to be my custom message and then just the recording tone. Someone I know was able to do this. How can I do that?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:35 PM

When you state "I have a custom voicemail message on my iPhone 6s," that is incorrect. Your voicemail message is not on your iPhone. Visual Voicemail is merely a convenient interface into your carrier's voicemail system. If it was your iPhone itself providing voicemail, then it would not work at all when your iPhone is turned off or has no signal.

All voicemail functionality is entirely provided by your cellular carrier. Most of them are designed to play your custom greeting, then play instructions to the caller. If you need it to work differently, then you need to contact your carrier.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 10:35 PM in response to cronsor567

When you state "I have a custom voicemail message on my iPhone 6s," that is incorrect. Your voicemail message is not on your iPhone. Visual Voicemail is merely a convenient interface into your carrier's voicemail system. If it was your iPhone itself providing voicemail, then it would not work at all when your iPhone is turned off or has no signal.

All voicemail functionality is entirely provided by your cellular carrier. Most of them are designed to play your custom greeting, then play instructions to the caller. If you need it to work differently, then you need to contact your carrier.

No automated voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.