Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast not updating via RSS feed

I host my podcast on Libsyn and upload to Apple Podcasts via RSS feed. When I publish, it typically takes 30 -60 minutes for the podcast to appear. However, my last podcast was released 5 days ago and is still not appearing on Apple Podcasts, but is on every other platform.

My podcast is set to check the RSS feed daily - and the last update was a couple of hours ago.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 6:54 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2021 12:24 AM in response to CRASingapore

You have an error in the feed which is preventing Apple Podcasts from reading it. Line 34 is the title tag of your top episode, September 14th. It reads:

<title>035: WATER moves up theSUSTAINABILITY agenda - How one company leads by example</title>

Between 'the' and 'SUSTAINABILITY' is an invisible character: I don't know what it is - it may be a soft return - but its presence is not allowed in XML. You should retype the title, being careful to insert a space there and not any form of formatting instruction.

Podcast not updating via RSS feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.