Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking a Song Returned From Search Jumps To An Unrelated Album

For the left search bar, whenever I click anywhere but the play button icon to the left of a search result I'm taken to a completely unrelated item.

I'm looking to use the left search bar similar to the filter field.

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:18 PM

I figured it out. The local file that I would click on did not have any info in the Album field of the song info. Once I changed that, I was able to click anywhere in the song row from the left search bar which would take me to the album. Once there, you are able to click on the song.

I still feel like the filer field is a much better option.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 6:18 PM in response to lxlcantar

I figured it out. The local file that I would click on did not have any info in the Album field of the song info. Once I changed that, I was able to click anywhere in the song row from the left search bar which would take me to the album. Once there, you are able to click on the song.

I still feel like the filer field is a much better option.

Sep 20, 2021 3:20 PM in response to lxlcantar

Hi lxlcantar,

If we're understanding correctly, it seems you're experiencing issues when you attempt to search for music in Music on Mac.

If it's not functioning correctly for you, let's try some basic troubleshooting. First, we'd recommend restarting your Mac and force quitting Music here: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

However, if the behavior continues, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance via Get Support.

Cheers.

Clicking a Song Returned From Search Jumps To An Unrelated Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.