You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Disconnecting from zoom after just a few minutes

Hi All - I have had a very frustrating experience, where my airpods appear to be connected to my computer and work during a zoom call but will stop transmitting audio after a few minutes. They still appear to be paired and connected to my computer and still even show up as an option within the zoom audio settings, but will not function properly. This is an issue across other airpods - not just one in particular. It also only happens during a zoom call, audio works fine while watching youtube/netflix for example.

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:08 AM

Hello leahaw,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that your AirPods unexpectedly disconnect from Zoom on your Mac. We can see how this could be concerning. We're happy to help.

If you haven't already, make sure the Mac and Zoom app have the latest software.

Update macOS on Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

If the issue persists, restart your Mac. Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If the AirPods continue to disconnect in Zoom only, we recommend that you contact the app developer for further assistance. How to contact an app developer

Have a nice day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2021 6:08 AM in response to leahaw

Hello leahaw,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that your AirPods unexpectedly disconnect from Zoom on your Mac. We can see how this could be concerning. We're happy to help.

If you haven't already, make sure the Mac and Zoom app have the latest software.

Update macOS on Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

If the issue persists, restart your Mac. Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If the AirPods continue to disconnect in Zoom only, we recommend that you contact the app developer for further assistance. How to contact an app developer

Have a nice day!

Airpods Disconnecting from zoom after just a few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.