Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple TV is just flashing light and wont connect to my tv

My Apple TV won't come on, It just keeps flashing light and won't connect to my TV. I have read that I need to connect it to my computer via USB c but it doesn't have that option. What to do?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 12:53 PM

If you see a continuously flashing status light, that indicates a failure to start up properly. First try a cold restart (disconnect from power for a minute or two). If that doesn’t improve it, then the system software may need to be re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do this themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 12:53 PM in response to eze241

If you see a continuously flashing status light, that indicates a failure to start up properly. First try a cold restart (disconnect from power for a minute or two). If that doesn’t improve it, then the system software may need to be re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do this themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

My apple TV is just flashing light and wont connect to my tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.