Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification badges at AppStore icon

Hi guys!

I have a problem with notification badges at AppStore icon on my iPhone. When I have apps that can be updated I don't have any kind of notification an AppStore icon. I switch on all types of notifications at the Settings but nothing has changed. Who had the same problem? Would you tell me, how I can solve this problem. Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 10:06 AM

Hey there Denis_Academy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're not receiving a notification badge for App Store updates, is that correct?

If the App Store is set to automatically install updates, there will not be a badge icon. If you would like a badge icon, make sure that you turn off manually update apps. See here: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Denis_Academy

Hey there Denis_Academy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're not receiving a notification badge for App Store updates, is that correct?

If the App Store is set to automatically install updates, there will not be a badge icon. If you would like a badge icon, make sure that you turn off manually update apps. See here: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Notification badges at AppStore icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.