Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag disappeared from Find My in iOS 15

My AirTag disappeared from Find My after updating my iPhone to iOS 15. Anyone know the fix? Removed the AirTag using my iPad and followed the AirTag steps. No luck. Still can’t add it back. I can add the AirTag to the iPad (not running iOS 15) but it won’t show up on the iPhone. Pic shows the error when trying to add the AirTag on the iOS 15 iPhone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 1:40 PM

• All of my AirTags have disappeared in Find My ... just gone. What could cause that and how to get them back?
41 replies

Sep 28, 2021 3:00 PM in response to libby295

I did receive a fix for this from apple engineering.

1. Turn off bluetooth
  2. Turn off Privacy > Location Services
  3. Reset General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  4. shut down iPhone for 5 minutes
  5. turn on iPhone + #1 & #2
  6. Reset an air tag - CRITICAL
  7. iPhone will allow new air tag connection (set up air tag as if new)
  8. if you have more than 1 airtag, you will see the rest of them appear in Find My (after resetting 1 air tag)

The above worked for my 5 AirTags to reconnect to iOS15

Sep 30, 2021 6:42 AM in response to Tonpedro

Well, I finally got my air tag to show up after trying just about everything. This morning I decided to try this procedure again posted by another user above and the air tag magically appeared in my FindyMy App. In my situation the airtag was already added to my icloud through an ipad.

1. Turn off bluetooth
  2. Turn off Privacy > Location Services
  3. Reset General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  4. Phone will reboot.
  5. shut down iPhone for 5 minutes
  6. Power up phone - Turn on Bluetooth and Locations services you disabled in step 1
  7. Reset an air tag - CRITICAL ** I did not do this as I knew my airtag was already in my icloud account
  8. Add the airtags back as if they are new.

There doesn't seem to be one fix for everyone. Some people just reboot their phone a few times .. Others just reset their air tags by pulling battery 5x. then re-add. I actually have no idea if this procedure even fixed it.. Or maybe just the fact there was a another couple of reboots involved? I do not believe as a result of IOS 15 that the airtags are actually removed from the icloud account. It's there, but for whatever buggy reason, the findmy app cant see them anymore and thinks they are someone else's . Good luck to everyone. Lesson learned for me. I am never upgrading to the first release of an IOS in the future again.

Sep 30, 2021 7:06 PM in response to robcasillas

I finally got my AirTag to show up on my iPhone running iOS 15.

Here's what finally fixed the issue for me:

1. I added my AirTag to Find My on my iPad Mini running iPadOS 14.6.
  2. I completely erased my iPhone 11 Pro and restored from a backup (backup has iOS 15.)
  3. After the restore completed, the AirTag now shows up in Find My on the iPhone running iOS 15. I was also able to successfully add a second AirTag using the iPhone.

Hope this helps someone else. Good luck.

Sep 22, 2021 8:49 AM in response to robcasillas

Just to add a few more details. I have observed AirTags disappeared only in iPhone (iOS15) but not in Mac nor in iPad (iPadOS15). Deleting AirTags from iPad or Mac allows to reconnect them but this is only possible from iPad. I have tried updating iCloud settings, reseting iPhone, reseting AirTag, Reseting NW settings but none of it allows to show the AirTags or connect the AirTags from iPhone. Connecting a brand new AirTag does not work. On a separate note, resetting physically the AirTags did not work either (removing the battery 5 times did not reproduce any different sound).

Sep 22, 2021 9:10 AM in response to inigo102

I’ve tried the steps to reset the AirTag but I never get a different sound so I’m not sure it’s actually resetting. I can add and remove the AirTag from my iPad Mini (iOS 14.6) and my wife’s iPhone SE (second gen w/iOS 15). I just can’t add it to my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS15). Prior to updating my phone, the AirTag was working fine. May end up making an appointment at the Apple store.

Sep 22, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Smaz718

After updating your iOS devices to iOS15, some users have experienced that previously paired AirTags had ceased showing on the Find My app.  This happened to me.

I used the solution below:

Solution is to power down your phone, and turn it back on, check if the air tags have reappeared. If they haven’t do it again. And keep doing it until They reappear. I did it twice in my air tags reappeared. Some people are doing it more than twice but they will eventually reappear. Worked on the iPad as well.

Sep 22, 2021 7:27 PM in response to robcasillas

I had to re-add it to my account - I did the Airtag reset procedure. Put in battery, press down, wait for beep, repeat 5 times, on the fifth time the sound will be different and my Airtag was able to be re-added to my account.

A bit distressing that the Airtag disappeared entirely... What if someone steals my item, it seems pretty easy to reset?

AirTag disappeared from Find My in iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.