Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k keeps flickering

Just bought Apple tv 4k 64GB and after most recent software update (currently on tv os 15) screen keeps flickering. Getting this same issue in Netflix, ESPN apps.

sometimes flickering happens for a second or 2 but other times it pauses the video and i have to hit play to continue.

I am using 4K HDMI cable on a Sony A8g oled tv.

Please help me in getting it fixed else I have to return Apple tv and go for nvidia shield for streaming.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:44 PM

Tried resetting Modem and Router, still no luck.

After reading multiple other posts, I tried resetting Apple tv to factory settings and that helped with the flickering.

Till now after 5 hours of viewing, didn't faced the flickering yet.

6 replies

Sep 20, 2021 7:24 PM in response to Akhil4862

You might have a weak Internet connection where the Apple TV box is located. Please do the following:

• Unplug your modem from it's power source for 2-3 minutes and then reboot it.
  • Unplug your router from it's power source for 2-3 minutes and then reboot it.
  • Unplug your Apple TV from it's power source for 2-3 minutes and then reboot it and retest

Apple TV 4k keeps flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.