Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac desktop won't start up. Starts loading then shuts off.

How do I fix this problem? I've held the power button for 10 seconds and restarted it a few times and it still won't boot up.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 7:10 PM

I suspect you have some failed hardware. To troubleshoot please use If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support. Please read carefully and go through all the steps. If nothing works, then it's definitely a hardware problem. If the computer is a 2014 or later it may be worth fixing. If it is a 2013 or earlier, it is not worth fixing as it cannot run current versions of Mac OS.

As long as you have been backing up with Time Machine or a bootable clone then your data and apps are safe.

Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 7:10 PM in response to 1stapple352

I suspect you have some failed hardware. To troubleshoot please use If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support. Please read carefully and go through all the steps. If nothing works, then it's definitely a hardware problem. If the computer is a 2014 or later it may be worth fixing. If it is a 2013 or earlier, it is not worth fixing as it cannot run current versions of Mac OS.

As long as you have been backing up with Time Machine or a bootable clone then your data and apps are safe.

Best of luck.

Mac desktop won't start up. Starts loading then shuts off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.