Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2011 Doesn’t Boot up / Black Screen / No Apple Logo

So beside the SSD Being a bit full my Macbook Pro has been running in excellent conditions on a day to day basis.

Last week randomly working with her she goes black. I proceeded to do all existing Resets from Apple and various forum. Before I couldn’t hear her restart since the speakers where off but after resets I could, letting me understand that such procedures were taking effect. Since she is 10 yrs old and far from her guaranteed I proceeded to disconnecting the internal battery.

She finally boot up to a message

”An unexpected Internal error has occurred” or something of the sort.

I continued on and she went dark and restarted to the same Unexpected Shutdown Error 3 times. Between boot ups I was trying to quickly get the important work folders into an External Hard Disk. But the time from Boot up to the msg was too low and I couldn’t continue browsing her without bypassing the Unexpected error message.

Because of work I went and bought a new one but 2 days later I-tried opening the MacbookPro to see if there was some ember of life and she was on her Disk Utility / Time Back Up screen . I proceeded to run the first aid and got the repaired fine message. As I click restart she went dark again to hear her chime twice and a new Black Display faded Error message.

I give up and 2 days later(today) I open her up and she is into the Time Machine Back up display again with the Running on low battery message. I proceed to do time back up but 2/3 of my external don’t have hers. I tried changing to another mode u can access from booting off in another external disk and was unable to reach the previous utility menu back and was forced to restart.

My question is I saw that I can access the terminal in those display. Is there a way from me to write a command to save a back up of the disk into an external

so I can access it from another computer?

Even tho I have everything of importance in my iCloud I did have important information from the current week that wasn’t backed up.

Thanks in advance.

(Messy screen I know this is the Macbook that came with the Retina display call back that would get foggy and not clean up + she is an on site computer so a lot of dirty hands touch her)

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:35 AM

SuperbStudio wrote:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210905

Similar questions

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.