Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Take over own domain with iCloud Mail

Hopefully a dumb question with a simple answer.... but if I do this, will my outgoing mails end up appearing to be from my domain, rather than xxx@iCloud.com?? This has been holding me back from using iCloud mail services for a long time, so would be a nice improvment...

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:53 AM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2021 8:11 AM in response to jedfromcowes

Hi jedfromcowes,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to know if you use a custom domain for your iCloud Mail, if the outgoing mail will appear to be from iCloud or your custom domain. We do see that you've already reviewed Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail.

You can add up to five custom domains to send and receive your iCloud Mail from. You can learn more here: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2021 8:51 AM in response to Miche11e_P

Thanks Miche11e_P :)

I've been trying to use 'Send Mail as...' with Gmail for years - sometimes it arrives with @my-domain, sometimes with the @gmail address... a low success rate, overall.

I'm just checking if this Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail will ensure a reliable arrival showing @my-domain... or if there will still be occasional @icloud.com appearances... ;)

Cheers!

Take over own domain with iCloud Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.