Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail - Deleted Messages

So over the last few days, deleted messages in my gmail account, continue to show up in my inbox. Sometimes I have to delete messages 5-6 times for them to show up in my trash folder so that I can remove them from my computer. Any suggestions, anyone else having this issue?

No issue on the gmail interface, no issue on my phone, just my MacBook Pro...

TIA for any recommendations.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Hello Ginob,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't delete your emails for your Gmail account. We'll do our best to assist.

It sounds like you're using the Mac Mail app or a third-party app?

If this is happening in the Mac Mail app, then we'd recommend to quit the Mail app using the Mail menu > Quit Mail.

Relaunch the app holding the Shift key and release it once the Mail app opens completely. This should remove the app's current saved state.

Resource for Mac Mail: Delete emails in Mail on Mac

Should it persist, does this only occur with the Gmail account? Do you use iCloud Mail with the Mac Mail app? If so, does the same issue happen when deleting emails for iCloud?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 8:31 AM in response to ginob

Hello Ginob,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't delete your emails for your Gmail account. We'll do our best to assist.

It sounds like you're using the Mac Mail app or a third-party app?

If this is happening in the Mac Mail app, then we'd recommend to quit the Mail app using the Mail menu > Quit Mail.

Relaunch the app holding the Shift key and release it once the Mail app opens completely. This should remove the app's current saved state.

Resource for Mac Mail: Delete emails in Mail on Mac

Should it persist, does this only occur with the Gmail account? Do you use iCloud Mail with the Mac Mail app? If so, does the same issue happen when deleting emails for iCloud?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Mac Mail - Deleted Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.