Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Messages Keep Re-Appearing in Apple Mail ...

Reference: 2017 MacBook Pro / OS Monterey 12.3.1

I use Apple Mail to access my AOL Mail Account ... I try to keep my In-box managed ... However, I have noticed that when I delete messages from the In-Box, they keep reappearing in the In-Box ... This is quite annoying ... Please advise ...

Regards ...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 10:50 PM

A few questions, if you don't mind:

• Was this always an issue with your AOL account, or just started happening recently? If the latter, did you update software?
  • Does this issue happen if you access AOL via a web browser?
  • Is your AOL account a IMAP or POP3 mail account?
  • Have you verified the settings on the "Mailbox Behaviors" tab?
  • Have you tried deleting, and then, re-adding the AOL account in the Mail app?
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 10:50 PM in response to JVassar

A few questions, if you don't mind:

• Was this always an issue with your AOL account, or just started happening recently? If the latter, did you update software?
  • Does this issue happen if you access AOL via a web browser?
  • Is your AOL account a IMAP or POP3 mail account?
  • Have you verified the settings on the "Mailbox Behaviors" tab?
  • Have you tried deleting, and then, re-adding the AOL account in the Mail app?

Apr 20, 2022 1:56 PM in response to JVassar

Thank you for the reply … I used your advice to inactivate the AOL Account on the MacBook Pro and then went to the AOL Website to do a “mass-deletion” … Once the online AOL In-box was cleared, I reactivated AOL in the the Apple Email Application on the MacBook Pro … Except for a few “stragglers” (which I delete individually) this solution seems to be working (even on my iPad Pro and iPhone 12, which I have not touched until now) … Now, let’s see what happens tonight …. 🙂

May 6, 2022 4:46 PM in response to Tesserax

Same thing is happening to me. Can you post instructions on how to delete AOL account?

No, this was not always an issue with my AOL account, it's a recent issue.

No, issue does not happen when I access AOL via a web browser.

My AOL account is IMAP

What settings do I need to verify on the "Mailbox Behaviors" tab?

No, I have not tried deleting, and then, re-adding the AOL account in the Mail app.

Deleted Messages Keep Re-Appearing in Apple Mail ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.