Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share focus status on iPhone

My share focus status is not working. It won’t share my focus status when someone message me even though I turned on my focus and share focus status.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:23 AM

Makego to setting, scroll and find msgs and turn on the focus setting from there. Turn your phone off and then back on and it should work. Was having this issue for a while also.

32 replies

Oct 6, 2021 8:49 PM in response to micahhyap

I originally thought that too but some of my contacts that are showing ‘share focus status’ don’t have iOS 15 and some that do don’t see the status. It’s very strange - only a handful of my contacts are showing the share focus status as on. I will toggle it on but it immediately goes back to off when I click back into contacts settings. I can see my daughters status but she can’t see mine - even though it shows on for her.

its a great new feature - just would like it to work properly.

Oct 10, 2021 6:08 AM in response to RB2597

i don’t even have that option at the top of my messages screen (the allow focus button) i’m on ios 15.1 and still no sign of if, tried restarting my phone but nothing, really annoying cause i love this feature and it works well on my friends’ devices. where do i even start on how i can get this on my phone :( all the other focus details are there though!

Oct 16, 2021 8:40 AM in response to GtpprixCBW

GUYS ! THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. bit of a mare, but what i did was take it into the apple shop and just had a complete system restore / reset. it wiped the software and re downloaded it. everything perfectly fine afterwords due to icloud backup, just had to redownload my apps. you might be able to do it on your mac by connecting your phone to it and resetting it on there, although i don’t know if it’s something that can only be done by apple staff. I NOW HAVE THE FOCUS STATUS option on my messages!! hope this helps, was upsetting to not have the cool function, but apple sorted it once i explained i’ve literally been through everything!! ps- i was also on IOS 15.0.2 and it still didn’t work. i recommend taking your phones in x

How to share focus status on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.